WHAT IS THE BEST WAY TO PARTICIPATE IN
THE 6TH GRADE
ONE STEP AT A TIME!
THE FOLLOWING VIDEO IS A COMMERICAL WITH A GREAT MESSAGE. MAKE CONFIRMATION HAPPEN BY PARTICIPATING WITHOUT EXCUSES.
DON'T GET STUCK DOING NOTHING! MAKE YOUR CONFIRMATION
EXPERIENCE ONE THAT IS FULL OF ENERGY, EXCITMENT AND
ENTHUSIAM! PARTICIPATE, PARTICIPATE, PARTICIPATE AND
ENJOY GROWING TOGETHER IN FAITH!
Things to Do Date Completed
1. Create and agree on a Family Covenant.
This would include worship, Confirmation Sunday School and the Youth Ministry.
3. Attend the annual Believe Conference, This normally takes place in the spring of the year in Atlanta.
4. Read and comment in your Scripture Journal. Include comments about your Confirmation experience.
5. Build a Faith Chest. If you have built a Faith Chest and have not finished it, finish your Faith Chest. Let us know when it is completed and you can bring it to worship for dedication on the recognized Sunday.
6. As a family, practice the Four Keys daily! The Four Keys are, Rituals and Traditions, Devotions, Caring Conversations and Service.
7. Complete your Scripture Journals. Your Journals should be used twice a week. Inside, you will find plenty of space for you to share your thoughts with parents. Once a week you are to use your Journal by yourself. On the other night of the week that your Journal is used, invite your parents to join in. This is a great time to share in Caring Conversations so don't miss out.
8. Acolyte: Being an Acolyte is an act of worship as well as an act of service. You should be an Acolyte at least twice during this Confirmation year.
9. Serve in the Youth Garden. Join in as much as possible. Serving in the garden with your friends and/or your parents is fun and the satisfaction of helping others is wonderful.
10. Serve as an Usher: Sign up to usher on Sunday Mornings. Invite your family to join you and serve as ushers as well.
11. Attend at least one Mission Trip: During your time in Confirmation, serving on a Mission Trip is a must. Don't let this experience pass you by.
12. Attend at least two Quarterly Parent/Confirmand gatherings.
13. Watch as a family, the Movie "Luther". Make notes and then talk about the movie using some the questions provided. Make good notes.
14. Interview your Grandparents using the questions provided. This is to be a written interview. Once completed you will need to sign off and place the document inside your Faith Chest.
15. The Lord's Prayer: This year, take a camera with you whenever possible, take pictures of each individual word that makes up the Lord's Prayer. The picture words you have taken are then placed upon a tri-fold board and will be displayed at church one Sunday morning. this is your project, so make it stand out with meaning. Have fun! The due date for the boards will be close to Easter, 2013.
Here are a few example letters we found on the last Justice Tour. Can you spell anything using these letters?
How about ...
Get the idea? Have fun!