HEY GUYS!! Welcome back to our blog! I hope everyone had fun in our SPARK group yesterday. For those who didn't make it, we missed you! Here is a re-cap of what happened:
- We talked about the big surprise event on the 27th. YOU DO NOT WANT TO MISS THIS!! Everyone is asked to invite a friend to share in this experience. We ran out of time this week to make invitations, but we'll spend some time doing this next week, or you are welcome to do this at home.
- Mrs. Brim talked to us about serving as acolytes at the 8:30 and 11:00 am services. This is a special role that 3rd graders and up can play in the worship service. Sign-ups for this winter and spring will be available during our next two SPARK classes, and training for everyone will take place during SPARK on Feb. 3. Talk to your parents about getting involved in being an acolyte!
- The main focus of our class this week was how God calls you in your everyday life. We talked a lot about how we sometimes feel "moved" or touched by things that happen around us. We may see something like a stray or hurt animal, or a homeless person asking for food, and we feel sadness, guilt, or fear. We may see a class mate being teased or bullied, and we feel anger. Then something inside of us says "do something!" THAT is God calling you in a small way! He wants us to show compassion and love for others, and help in ways that we can. He wants us not just to feel, but to act. In this way, we can answer His call daily.
Think about these questions, and talk about them with your parents:
- Think about a time when you felt "moved" by something you saw. How did it make you feel? Did you want to do something about it? Did you act? What did you do, and how did you feel afterwards? If you weren't able to do something, did you think about it later?
- Think about a time when someone unexpectedly helped you when you needed it. Was it someone you knew, or a stranger. How did it make you feel? Why do you think they did it?
Next week, we'll be watching a movie about a famous biblical person who was called to God's service at an early age. We'll also be making our invitations, and hear the story of "The Dog Poop Initiative."
Hope to see you there....and KEEP LISTENING FOR THAT CALL!!!!! It happens every day....