YOUTH BEACH TRIPS
WHEN? Jr High: June 18-21
Sr. High: June 21-25
WHERE? We have an Ocean Front House through Blue Water Reality.
The Jolly Dolphin II
Kure Beach, NC
WHO CAN GO? Any rising 6th grader through rising 8th grader.
WHEN DO WE LEAVE? Jr. High: We will load up and depart for the beach around 10:30 the morning of June 18.
Sr. High: You will load up and leave around 2:30 on June 21
WHEN DO WE RETURN?: Jr. High: Will return on June 21, somewhere around 2:00ish. Parents, we will call when we get close to the church so that you can meet your youth in the parking lot and you can be waiting on us to arrive.
Sr. High: Will return around 1:00 – 2;00 on June 25.
WE ARE GOING TO THE BEACH for fun, to laugh, to have fellowship with each other and to grow in your faith. Remember to treat each other like you would like to be treated, have an open mind, go with the flow and everyone will have a great time.
FOOD: Each youth should bring a case of bottled water and two bags of your favorite snack. All of this will go into a community pool for everyone to enjoy. The community pool we are referring to is not a swimming pool.
YOUR MENU WILL LOOK SOMETHING LIKE THIS:
• Breakfast: is ham and eggs with grits and bacon with a side order of two homemade pancakes. Are you joking? We have cereal and fruit.
• Lunch: A Blue Plate Special of meat loaf, Salisbury steak, hamburgers and hot dogs. Dream on Sunshine, you’re going to get a sandwich, chips and fruit.
• Dinner: 2 inch thick steak cooked just the way you would like it, with a loaded baked potato. REALLY NOW, WAKE UP! Dinner looks like this; Pizza, Spaghetti, salad, maybe even a taco if you are good.
ACTIVITIES: Your day will look something like this:
• 10:30 Rise and shine, eat that full course breakfast of cereal and fruit and head to the beach. WE DO SPEND A LOT OF TIME ON THE BEACH.
• 1:00 Lunch at the house. • The afternoon and evening activities will depend upon the sunburn.
• 10:00pm Devotions
• 12:00 Midnight Lights out.
We do spend a lot of time on the beach but some of the afternoon/evening activities that we MAY do are: Movie Bible Study (nothing stronger than a PG-13 movie), Ghost Walk in Wilmington, we may spend a little time serving others.
COST OF THE TRIP: $89.00 per person. The Youth fund pays for everything else. Funding should never determine who participates in youth activities and who does not. Scholarship funds are available for this trip, please see Mike.
THINGS TO BRING:
• Bible, pens and paper
• Playing cards
• Sleeping bag is the best thing to bring with a single sheet to place on top of the mattress. Don’t forget your pillow and pillow case.
• Plenty of Sunscreen
• Beach Towel if you prefer
• Personal bath towels and washcloths
• Personal hygiene items including deodorant, toothbrush, deodorant, feminine products, deodorant, soap and shampoo.
• Medications and deodorant
• Beach stuff, football, backhoe for sand castles, (however, due to the cost of fuel, the Youth fund will no longer pay for backhoe fuel!),. Beach stuff, you get the picture. Any surf board that is longer than the van we are traveling in is no longer allowed.
DEVOTIONS: The youth are responsible for the nightly devotions. You can pair up with someone else and you may choose any topic to discuss from the Old or New Testament. If you would like to have help with this, just call, let me know and I will be more than happy to assist you in anyway. Your discussion/activity/devotion should be around 20 minutes long. Please do not wait until we get down there to put together your devotion. Please work on your devotion before you leave and have it ready to go.
PLEASE PACK AS LIGHT AS POSSIBLE! YOU MUST HAVE YOUR ANNUAL PERMISSION SLIP NOTARIZED AND TURNED IN BEFORE WE LEAVE FOR THIS TRIP.
YOUR BEACH TRIP RULES ARE VERY SIMPLE:
• Use common sense. If you are lacking in this area, please borrow some from another youth. Common sense is very important.
• If you think you are going to get into trouble for doing something, then it is best you not do it.
• Touch base with the adults.
• Treat the house and the property of others as if they were yours.
•Cell phones are allowed but you are asked to use them only at night so as not to take away from group activities.
• Having a respect problem? We will sit down and talk about it. If we are still having problems then we will call your parents to come get you. 4 hours is a long time for your parents to come pick you up. That is a lot of time driving and thinking, may the Good Lord above bless you and have mercy upon you if this needs to take place.
• DRAMA does not take place on this or any other Youth Ministry trip. DRAMA means a call home and a return trip back to Concord.